What Is The Use Of Glass Powder After Processing? Introduction To Glass Recycling
At present, the waste glass produced in the production and living fields is increasing and becoming a public hazard. Due to the chemical stability of waste glass, it does not decay, burn, dissolve or naturally dissolve in soil. HCMilling(Guilin Hongcheng) is a manufacturer of glass grinding mill equipment. The following is an introduction to the ways of glass recycling.
The glass we use now is made of quartz sand, soda ash, feldspar and limestone through high temperature. An amorphous solid material obtained by increasing the viscosity of the melt during cooling. It is brittle and transparent. There are quartz glass, silicate glass, soda lime glass, fluoride glass, etc. It usually refers to silicate glass, which is made from quartz sand, soda ash, feldspar and limestone by mixing, high temperature melting, homogenizing, processing and annealing. It is widely used in construction, daily use, medical, chemical, electronic, instrument, nuclear engineering and other fields. At present, glass recycling is mainly processed into glass powder by grinding, which is applied in the following directions:
1. Glass powder is processed as cement base material: the main component of glass is active silica, so it can have pozzolanic activity after being ground into powder, and can be used as an admixture to prepare concrete. This can not only solve the problem of disposal of waste glass, but also promote the development of green building materials. (1) The ultra-high strength cement-based materials with compressive strength over 100MPa can be prepared by mixing glass powder. When the glass powder content is less than 20%, the compressive strength of the sample increases with the increase of glass powder content; The increase of curing temperature also contributes to the pozzolanic reaction of glass powder Therefore, it can also promote the growth of strength. (2) Glass powder has strong pozzolanic activity and filling effect in the gelling system. It can not only fill the pores in the slurry structure, but also react to generate C-S-H gel, improve the microstructure of the material and enhance the strength of the material.
2. Glass powder processing as glass raw material: waste glass is collected, sorted and treated as raw material for glass production, which is the main way to recycle waste glass. Waste glass can be used for the production of glass products with low requirements on chemical composition, color and impurities, such as colored bottle glass, glass insulator, hollow glass brick, channel glass, embossed glass, colored glass ball and other glass products. The amount of waste glass mixed in these products is generally above 30wt%, and the amount of waste glass mixed in green bottle and jar products can reach above 80wt%. If 50wt% of waste glass is recycled in China, 3.6 million tons of siliceous raw materials, 0.6 million tons of soda ash and 1 million tons of standard coal can be saved every year.
3. Glass powder processing as coating materials: Japan Changsheng Wood Fiber Board Company uses waste glass and waste tires to be broken into fine powder and mixed into the coating in a certain proportion, which can replace silica and other materials in the coating. It is used to break the recycled waste empty glass bottles, grind off the edges and corners, and process them into safe edges, so as to form broken glass with almost the same shape as the natural sand particles, and then mix them with the same amount of paint. And give the texture and pattern that the previous paint did not have. This kind of paint can be made into water-soluble automotive paint. Objects using this kind of mixed waste glass paint can produce diffuse reflection when exposed to car lights or sunlight, which has the dual effect of preventing accidents and decorating.
4. Glass grinding mill is used to process raw materials for glass ceramics: glass ceramics are hard, with high mechanical strength, good chemical stability and thermal stability. However, the production cost of traditional raw materials commonly used for glass ceramics is relatively high. In foreign countries, the production of glass ceramics using waste glass from float process and fly ash from power plants instead of traditional glass ceramics has been successful. This glass ceramics is made by the technical route of combining melting and sintering: mixing fly ash and waste glass, melting at 1400 ℃, forming amorphous glass, water quenching, grinding, and sintering at 810~850 ℃, it can be made into glass ceramics with good mechanical properties, which is applicable to the construction field. Scientific researchers from Tsinghua University and Wuhan University of Technology in China have successfully mastered the key technology of using fly ash, coal gangue, various industrial tailings, smelting slag and Yellow River silt as the main raw materials to produce glass ceramics decorative panels.
5. Glass mosaic is made by glass grinding mill: finely grind the waste glass into glass powder, then add a certain amount of adhesive, colorant or decolorant, and mix them evenly with a mixer. The batch is pressed into green body by dry pressing method, and the dried green body is sent to roller kiln, pusher kiln or tunnel kiln with firing temperature of 800~900 ℃ for sintering, and generally stays in the sintering temperature zone for 15~25 minutes. The products cooled out of the kiln shall be inspected, selected, paved, dried, inspected, packaged, warehoused or delivered, and the unqualified products shall be recycled.
6. Processing and production of thermal insulation and sound insulation materials by glass grinding machine: foam glass is a kind of glassy material with small bulk density, high strength, and full of small pores. The gas phase accounts for 80% – 95% of the total volume of products. Compared with other inorganic thermal insulation and sound insulation materials, it has the advantages of good thermal insulation and sound insulation performance, non hygroscopicity, corrosion resistance, frost resistance, non combustion, easy bonding and processing. “Its production process is to crush waste glass, Add calcium carbonate, carbon powder — a kind of foaming agent and foaming accelerator, mix them evenly, put them into the mold, and put them into the furnace for heating. Under the condition of softening temperature, add foaming agent to form bubbles on the glass, and then make foam glass. After the glass is taken out of the furnace, it will be peeled off, annealed, and sawed to standard size.
As a kind of resource, waste glass is the best way to recycle a large amount of glass by using it in building materials. The current research results have shown that it is feasible to use waste glass as mineral admixture for concrete, but the industrial application has not been achieved due to equipment technology and other reasons. The glass grinding mill produced by HCMilling(Guilin Hongcheng) is the main equipment that provides industrial quantitative production for glass recycling. It is used for glass grinding, and can achieve tens of tons of output per machine hour, and can produce 80-600 mesh glass powder. If you have relevant requirements, please contact our E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or call at +86-773-3568321, HCM will tailor for you the most suitable grinding mill program based on your needs, more details please check https://www.hc-mill.com/.
Post time: Dec-06-2022